MediaWiki can be customized in several ways. It is distributed as GPL. You may thus contribute your own skins, extensions and patches.
- Configuration parameters may be easily defined in a LocalSettings.php file.
- Interface messages can be modified in the wiki.
- Extensions and patches are provided by the community, some of which are available here. They generally fall into one of these categories:
- MediaWiki is multilingual, and fully so with the Translate extension.
- The FAQ contains a lot of useful customisation info.